heat wave dinner party advice

Hi, I had a plan to roast two guinea fowls for dinner on Thursday night with my parents and my brothers, but now that it is supposed to be 90 degrees out I am worried that having a hot oven is not such a good idea. I liked the idea of roasting because it is low-stress and easy -- also the guinea fowl are from my family farm and already in my possession so I don't have to go shopping. What do you think I should do? Should I just stick to my plan and not worry that the menu is more appropriate for a nippy fall day?

asked by JORJ about 2 years ago

I would roast them with indirect heat on the BBQ grill and some apple wood to give a nice smoke.

too bad my NYC apt doesn't have a grill! that is a great idea.

Buddhacat

Another possibility is to roast it in the coolest part of the day on Wednesday, and serve it cold.

that was another thing I was thinking. The only issue is that the fowl have so much fat under the skin I was worried that they wouldn't be as appetizing cold.

Buddhacat

Hi JORJ, regarding cooking ahead - you could simply warm it up before you serve it if you cook the day before and are worried about the fat.