What's easiest (and fastest) way to whip up a great steak?

asked by @HelloLT over 2 years ago

Well never whipped up a steak. But I would heat up a grill pan season stem with salt and pepper and coat with olive oil. Sear steak both sides and put in a 350 to 400 oven to finish it off.

Sarah_chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Steak isn't necessarily fast - for a successful finished product it's important to both temper the steak ahead of time (bring the meat to room temp before cooking it, about 30 mins out of the fridge) and rest for 10 minutes on a rack after cooking to keep the meat moist.

Face

I agree with the above with one addition. Splash with Worcestershire as it comes to room temp. Adds nice flavor.

2nd answer definitely the best. Before cooking, though, season generously with salt and pepper.

Bring steak to room temp. Smoking hot vegetable oil in a very heavy pan. Salt and pepper right before cooking. Flip every 20 seconds or so.

And open your windows if you can, ha.

Smokin_tokyo

I have fallen in love with Sagegreen's recipe. No need to marinade, just cook. Raspberries, peppers, and onions.

http://food52.com/recipe...