🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Is there a way to substitute pomegranate molasses with something (or a mixture of somethings) from my pantry? I have sooooo many bottles of oils and vinegars and molasses / honey / nectars...as well as a load of other condiments...I just don't want to buy any more! Got any ideas?

asked by ohhelloelle almost 4 years ago
036

Hmm - pomegrante molasses is way way reduced pomegranet juice, so what about some molasses maybe with balsamic? You could reduce the balsamic way down too and then mix them. So you get thick, gooey, sweet and a little acidity? Just a thought ...

Gator_cake

A mix of honey and lemon or honey and balsamic would likely work. Pomegranate molasses is sweet and tart.

Ozoz_profile

I've used cassis syrup/blackcurrant syrup as a pom molasses substititute in a dip and it came out delicious

Substitute what you like...it's a recipe not an edict

Dates and Tamarind paste cooked with sugar and vinegar can be used instead of pomegranate molasses.

I needed only 2 tsp. and couldn't find it anywhere. So i bought a pint bottle of Pom pure pomegranate juice and boiled it til it looked like molasses. Perfect.

Common sense triumphed, but it is worth buying a bottle when you see it (Cortas is a good one). Keeps a long time in the refrigerator and you will find lots of uses for it once you start. Love it in Prosecco or another bubbly.

I had pomegranate seeds in the freezer, so crushed them into some boiled cider (from King Arthur), which is like apple molasses.