🔔
🔎

Quick, healthy, yummy pasta sauce?

Hi Food52ers, I'm looking for some pasta sauce recipes that are quick to make, pretty low-fat and low-cal, and yummy. No need to be fancy!! Just delicious. Thanks!

asked by KatyM over 2 years ago
Baci1

Checca sauce is pretty low fat, low cal, and quick, if you keep the cheese to a minimum, ~2-3oz.
http://www.foodnetwork...

You can make this sauce in the morning and just park it on the counter all day..omit the peppers if you like...add diced cukes or kalamata olives or whatever you fancy. Top with mozzarella or feta.. endless possibilities!

It's my favorite summertime pasta!

Lately I've been sautéeing minced garlic in a little butter, adding a splash of whole milk and some frozen peas to the pan once the garlic is fragrant, then tossing in some halved cherry tomatoes just to warm them up while the sauce reduces a bit. When I make that sauce with capellini or angel hair pasta, the whole thing comes together in about 5-10 minutes (minus the time it takes the water to boil). I finish the dish with cracked black pepper and parmesan. I also love adding shrimp to this pasta when I have time, but my go-to for added protein is usually a fried egg on top because it too is fast and delicious.

I love hot pasta tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, then finished with fresh arugula and a few shaves of parmesan! It's so simple but delicious, really quick and quite healthy.

Dsc00859_2

You can coarsely chop really ripe flavorful tomatoes, mash some garlic with salt, toss together with some olive oil and herbs, salt it, let sit to draw out the juices, and add the hot pasta. Minimal cooking. Of course you could also cook it lightly, that's good too.