🔔
🔎

Your guilty pleasures? Things you shouldn't like but do anyway because they taste good

Okay, I'll start 1) Kraft Singles, 2) XLNT tamales, 3) Ramen noodle packages (especially the spicy Korean style). Your turn.

Noz_photo

pierino, you're psychic! Look out for a post on Friday on this very topic...

Bigpan

I was going to say "basic fish and chips" - as my cardiologist would say "no, no, and no!" ... then saw your comment about Kraft singles.
I know the "cheese" is made out of plastic, but oh sooooo good.
A quick trip to my youth.

Ranch Style Beans.

Chris_in_oslo

Hellman's/Best Food mayonnaise. Yes, I know how easy it is to make my own.

Kraft Singles??? You're going to have to elaborate.

Kraft singles: actually real cheese but with great melting quality for things like grilled cheese sandwiches or burgers.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

LOvE Hellmans Mayo!

There's a 99cent Raman noodle thingy I love. Yakisoba brand. It has a veggie packet with dried cabbage dried shrimp that hydrate great. (I even boost that up with some soaked dried shrimp I keep in the fridge).
Very bad for me, I know...but it's sweet and spicy..hey, shrimp. Needs a touch of sesame oil tho.

Melissa_mitchell

Cheetos. Especially the flaming hot kind.

I eat cheetos with chopsticks.

Oh man, I love the flaming cheetos! Why, oh why, must they be so yummy?

Jillian

This isn't unhealthy, but I sometimes crave raw tofu with ketchup.

Smokin_tokyo

Salsa on tofu is good too!

@jbban, I have to ask . . . Is raw tofu w/ketchup good? ( I love me some cooked tofu, but have never eaten it raw) The combo made me giggle when I first read it.

Smokin_tokyo

jbbban and lovesite--- tofu is made from COOKED soybeans, so I don't think you mean RAW. Maybe 'tofu directly from the pack without reheating'. Sure, its tasty, all sorts of toppings.....

Dsc_0002_2

Cookies with a cream cheese schmeer.

Potato chips with shrimp/crab 'paste' (cream cheese based dip)

Creton (I'm a naughty naughty fish-cheating-veg every few years)

Worst? Crab Rangoon.

3-bizcard

Sara Lee Pound Cake, Cream filled cupcakes (Love Little Debby's) Ruffles Potato Chips (sour cream and onion) I also love grilled cheese sandwich with kraft singles, hot dog on potato bun with mustard and baked beans

Dsc_0122.nef-1

Freshly made warm Ghee as soon as it cools down.. Generous drizzle over rice & lentils after licking a dollop of it straight up.
Potato chip sandwich..chips stacked between slices of buttered bread
licking leftover cream cheese from the little cup that accompanies a freshly toasted bagel
Spoon up the leftover spicy salsa from CHipotle grill after the chips are finished.
Salt / chaat masala over chunks of Watermelon

I'll bring the bread if you'll supply the mayo (oh yeah!) and potato chips.

Me_in_munich_with_fish

Cheese. Undoubtedly the one thing I can never pass up. It's an obsession that started with an apprenticeship to a cheese maker, and has not relinquished its grip on me since. Raw milk cheddar, epoisses, st. agur, humboldt fog...basically anything from stinky to refined and subtle fits the bill.

I'm with you!!!! My latest obsession is a room-temp Spanish Manchego . . . YUM!

In addition to many of the above, chicken skin!

I was chef at a restaurant we made a crispy chicken skin salad with buttermilk dressing. SOOOOOO GOOOD! When the owners took it off the menu I wanted to revolt.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

darkside, please add a recipe to the site for the crispy skin salad with buttermilk dressing! pretty please?

08270410avatar_messbrasil

I'll second that!Pretty,pretty please!!!

Dsc00859_2

Oreo cookies. Or the "healthy" versions (like Joe Joes)
Also, Girl Scout "Thin Mint" cookies.

3-bizcard

Oh yes oreo's glass of cold milk and oreo's are wonderful!

Image

This is funny. I thought of Kraft singles as one of the weird foods in menasque's question. And cheetoes. Which I love. All potato chips. Especially salt and vinegar. Oreos. Weight watchers string cheese. (smoke flavored. Seriously.). Fritos. Anything chocolate and mint like thin mint candies. Or junior mints like in Seinfeld. Popcorn. Ice cream. Must stop now.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

ooh LOVE that ww smoky string cheese.. That is not weird at all in my book.. they're a staple healthy snack!

08270410avatar_messbrasil

OMG!We're twins,drbabs!Love all of the above...but again,what's not to love about them?

Buddhacat

Cougar gold cheese from the creamery at Washington State University. And french fries (with real potatoes and really deep fried). Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey - reuben sandwiches from a great deli.

As the song says, these are just a few of my favorite things....and I can't have them in my kitchen or go to a place that serves them or I eat it ALL. Cannot be trusted around these items. Sigh

Odd, given my profession, but I don't have a sweet tooth; I do, however have a potato chip tooth. Given that, I'll be lunching tomorrow @panfusine. With a side of pommes frites.

Barb

My guilty pleasures: potato chips, cheetos, raman noodles, oreos, krispy kreme donuts,
crispy skin, crispy fat, mayo. I do not keep these items in the house, except the raman noodles, as they are too tempting. So, on the rare occasions when they are available I do savour each bite!!!
The guilt comes later.. . . .

I have a really hard time walking by a port wine cheese ball rolled in almonds. I sometimes resist but more often than not I buy it, a pack of Carr's whole wheat crackers (or triscuits) and end up dipping into it for several small snacks a day until it is mysteriously gone. I blame this on my dad who used to get the port cheese spread in a crock, mix it with dijon and mayo, slather it on saltines and broil it until it puffed up into this browned, toasty concoction....I won't go to all that trouble, but the cheese on its own hits a special spot.

Gator_cake

I hate to admit this one, but I kinda love Cadbury Eggs - I know they're tooth-achingly sweet & essentially disgusting, but I loved them as a kid, and I still have to eat one (or 2) around Easter every year.

I'm with you! So sweet they make my teeth hurt briefly, but totally worth it at Easter-time.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs

Cakes

Potato chips crammed into sandwiches- particularly a chicken salad or tuna salad sandwich.

So far nobody has mentioned those foamy little peeps they sell for Easter.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

maybe because they're so seasonal.. they come & go each spring... But potato chip sandwiches..they're around whenever you need em!

036

Oh boy - an inordinate amount of ketchup, on eggs, or a grilled cheese dipped in it, or carefully and generously applied to the tater tot or French fry.

I will eat both Jelly Bellies and any kind of caramel corn until I feel like throwing up.

Campbell's tomato soup with saltines all broken in it (served with a grilled cheese dipped in ketchup)

I did not know WW has smoked string cheese? But now I want it!

(ps Nannydeb found a t-shirt that says I Put Ketchup On My Ketchup that I really need)

Nozlee are we totally stealing your thunder???

Sausage2
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I consider crispy chicken skin something one absolutely *must* eat! I'd feel guilty for leaving it. :) I love Ritz crackers spread with cream cheese, Doritos and also fake guacamole flavored tortilla chips, and come Easter time I will eat those malted milk ball type eggs in disgusting quantities. And, I always seem to excavate all the chunks out of chunky ice cream, leaving a sad eviscerated container for the next person who comes along.

@Sam1148 - Fritos with chopsticks are good too.

I don't have a sweet tooth, more salt/sour/crunch/fat. Marshmallow peeps are the devil - make me want to swivel my head around 360 degrees a few times. ;-)

Multi-layered BLTs on toasted, good grain bread with extra slices of perfectly crisp bacon. Mayo laced with streaks of fresh tomato juice and seeds, running down your wrists. I believe there's supposed to be icy-crisp iceberg lettuce in there somewhere. That's good - it's a bunker for the mayo and tomatoes.

War Heads sour candy (they take the enamel off your teeth) or Lifesavers Sour Berry Gummies. Late at night, in bed after I already brushed my teeth, reading a mystery novel. I should just order some powdered ascorbic acid from a wholesaler and eat that with a spoon.

On a really bad day, I might make a special stop on the way to home to get a foil-wrapped block or jar of Velveeta. If I don't have pasta and some other hard-grated cheese to mix it with, it's going on Saltines or Ritz crackers. Then all will be well.

@pegeen
I make my own gummy bears with this basic recipe...and add in a good spoon full of Ascorbic acid..so they're 'healthy' vita C gummys. That's my rationalization and I'm sticking with it.
http://www.skiptomylou...

p.s. Love reading all these - great question, Pierino!

Face

Conversation hearts (Necco brand only). Swedish fish. Cheez It crackers-classic, smoked cheddar and spicy are my faces. Tuna casserole made with Campbell's cheddar cheese soup. And recently discovered (this is elevated above all the others) Pure Icelandic Chocolate Bars from whole foods. Come two per package (lovely waxed paper) and can gobble them both in about 7 minutes and I'm NOT a chocolate fan.
Great question, btw

Uruguay2010_61

Cracklings . . . always go out of my way to create when cooking pork with skin on. Also, peanut butter, bacon, mayo and lettuce sandwich.

Chris_in_oslo

How about the other guilty-but-delicious direction? I love foie gras. And veal.

Junechamp

different question. start another thread!

Dammit! Don't get me started on foie gras again. And oh yes, I do love veal too; every part.

08270410avatar_messbrasil

Fois gras,chiken skin,rare steaks are good reasons to think of food as food!If I start thinking about how dead is the animal I'm eating or how did it die...I would still finish my meal but it would not be a guilty free meal.So I think of it as an omnivorous' necessity.

Stringio

A bowl of ice cram with a couple of large globs of peanut butter. Yum!

Junechamp

Chicken skin (either fried or roasted) Fried chicken, french fries, potato chips, corn chips

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Expensive steak that I dip in ketchup & french fries dipped in mayo. Best meal!

Meg_b_f52

I am on board the kraft singles bandwagon - old favorite (terrible) kraft cheese on tortilla chips, sprinkled with dried oregano, heated in the microwave. Other past indulgence (only when I was a kid and then again when I was pregnant) Elio's pizza! Its like the terrible square pizza school pizza with holes in the bottom.

Summer_2010_1048

Elio's IS terrible but good, esp. as an afterschool snack made in the toaster oven in my latch-key days.

Cheese in a jar.

Ham, cream cheese, and pickle roll ups. With or without a tortilla. Why are they so good?!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

This is such a great question and such a fun thread. It's pretty obvious that I could use a bit more guilt. I actually don't feel guilty eating anything I enjoy. So, if you rephrased the question as, "What foods readily available at the 7-11 do you really like?", the answer would be Fritos or Corn Nuts, washed down with Fresca. Ahhhhh. ;o)

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

French fries, Nestle Quick chocolate mixed into soymilk, and these little sandwich cookies made by Glutino because they're like Oreos and I haven't had a true Oreo since 2001 and can't seem to be bothered to make my own. Oh, and peanut M&Ms.

@Sam1148 - Never thought of making Gummies - what a great excuse to buy ascorbic acid. Thanks for the link

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Sam, please post a recipe!

3-bizcard

I have not had this since I was a child but sometimes my Mom used to fry thick slices of spam and serve with runny fried eggs and homemade biscuits. I remember it tasting so good but have not had it since Ieft home many years ago.

Hey, sdebrango, I love SPAM and quietly inflict on my unsuspecting neighbors. They really dig it until I tell them what it is.

3-bizcard

It's one of those foods that is a bit embarrassing to admit that you like but I loved it as a child, I want to try it again now, thanks Pierino for this great question it brings back many memories of foods and feels good to fess up. When my Mom fried the spam it got a nice and crispy on the outside and was soft and juicy on the inside. Really delicious! I remember reading it's the national food of Hawaii or something like that.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

I would be upset if a neihbor, friend, family or collegue quietly inflict an unsuspecting food on me to try to get me to like/love it. Kinda mean and a tad sadist.

I did tell the neighbors that the tacos contained pork. I just didn't tell them which can it came out of.

This question is great! I, too, am a sucker for junior mints, but my real guilty snack (and what I ate as my after school snack throughout most of high school) is a big glass of super chocolatey chocolate milk with a bag of Sour Cream and Onion potato chips. Yum! I also sometimes make pumpkin bread just so I can have some of the batter, which is probably why my loaves don't always end up being very high! ;)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Add your answer here

Dsc_0048b

I raise my hand for Kraft singles too! And Honey Nut Cheerios. And, when available, Cadbury Dairy Milk bars

3-bizcard

I love honey nut cheerios!

Just about anything that's deep-fried: fried chicken, doughnuts, french fries, tater tots, okra, potato chips, buffalo wings, etc. That is why I don't have a deep-fryer at home. I reserve all fried foods for the rare occasions I eat out. Ramen noodles (especially the Korean Shin spicy ones) is another favorite. And I am embarrassed to add Chefboyardee's mini ravioli.

So do we have a consensus that Kraft Singles rule?

Waffle3

Yes, Kraft Singles rule. But guilt, like pressure, comes from within. I keep a stack of said "cheese" in my fridge but I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about it. It has its place and advantages (he said, apparently preaching to the choir).

And those Samoans do need to keep that weight on.

I love to indulge in a slice or two of Spam once in a while. When we had a house on Maui it was easy to scarf it up on the sly because it's in just about every convenience and grocery store and deli and is called musubi (yes...on a block of rice wrapped with nori)

A good friend taught a sushi class a week ago, and Spam sushi was one of his offerings!

3-bizcard

Just read this so it is widely used in Hawaii, so interesting. I think I am going to buy a can of spam now. How is it in Sushi? B and D did you like spam sushi?

Coming right up, Hawaiian SPAM; http://www.food52.com/recipes... I have sampled it sushi style too. It's populariy seems to date back to when Hawaii was a US territory and not yet a state and we had our naval bases there. I wonder if they like it in Guam?

3-bizcard

I don't remember seeing that recipe, wow, thank you. I love it!! Interesting the comment from Gingerroot regarding spam day in Hawaii. Holy Cow, is the spam served straight from the can in sushi?

Spam has been popular for a long time in Hawaii. Just about all food that isn't grown on Hawaii arrives by container ships which start on Oahu and circulate to all the other islands. A lot of things like high winds, strong weather and politics can strand an island without supplies. When this happens the grocery stores are stripped of their can goods and tp by the residents. Spam has traditionally been a popular item to stock up on for emergencies. A typical "plate" lunch that can be found in just about any grocery or deli includes Musubi which is like sushi, except instead of fish, spam is used, potato salad and pasta salad. So, you can see that a lot of Hawaiians (esp Samoans) love a very fatty diet.

Waffle3

Good guess, Pierino. Spam is even more popular in Guam at 16 cans per person each year. In fact, all over the Pacific -- the Marianas, Philippines, Okinawa -- and then later into Korea.

Yes, sdb, it was wonderful.

Twitterprofilepic

Saltine or Townhouse crackers with butter. Just plain ol' butter hehe

Flat root beer.

Also - cheese fries. The cheese must be yellow, and whether or not it's real cheese must be questionable.

110

A really cold can of fruit cocktail with those crazy-red cherries.

Dsc01280

Fries and gravy.
Rotel cheese dip.
Donuts.
When I was a kid, I used to love the cherry pie filling in a can. My parents used to give me a can in my Christmas stocking.
I can't remember the last time I had a Kraft single. Looks like I need to revisit them.

I'm ashamed to say party mix and occasionally Store bought pizza like Dijourno (sp)

S'mores!

Dsc00859_2

Matjes herring. or Schmaltz herring. Preferably when I will be home alone. I 'd be surprised if I got any "agrees" on this!

Lemon wedges sprinkled w/salt. Don't tell my dentist.

But your urologist will approve.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

ooh, lemon wedges with salt.. I'm with you on that totally.. its the evil twin of raw mangoes with salt & chili powder.. The inevitable hypersensitive teeth is the cherry on top!

Dsc_0122.nef-1

weird list # 2:
Those sweet/salty/ chile infused tamarind candies from thailand..from the oriental grocery They torture you by taping the boxes shut. it takes longer o open the box than it si to scarf the whole lot down. Bonus: the tamarind seeds inside.. If you manage to get one to germinate in a flower pot, pick off the leaves to nibble. Yep peeps, its true.. been there done that..
(killed the poor sapling which probably braved Xray & gamma radiation while being imported into the US)

Great to know about tamarind seeds!

I love that Asian snack found in Hawaiian grocery stores called crack seed...I think the tamarind candy is one of them.

Kettle Potato Chips sprinkled with blue cheese and chives - baked until warm....I'll eat the whole plate!

I want to have that right now!!!!!!!!!!

Tzerris

Velveeta. On anything. I actually hide it in my fridge so no one will find it!

3-bizcard

Another, Campbell's cream of tomato soup with pepperidge farm goldfish instead of saltines or oyster crackers. Like dipping a grilled cheese in tomato soup!!

Hy husbands family make this cheese toast concoction that I LOVE. 1 part Velveeta, 1 part imperial cheddar (VERY sharp cheese, comes in a red tub) to a ridiculous amount of fried bacon and chives/green onions, smeared on toast and broiled. Once we had left over fried walleye and it was amazing smeared on it!

My other guilty pleasures are the white processed cheese slices (not orange!) and croissants with Gruyere and tomatoes. Yuuuuum. I just love cheese!!!

I make a Spam thing with cut-up Spam cubes and grated cheddar cheese mixed with Miracle Whip (not mayo) then smeared on hamburger bun halves and broiled until they brown on top. Only my husband and I know I make these things.

Also chicken skin (I can buy a bag of crispy chicken skin, freshly fried, by the pound at a local Fillipino market), sour cream and cheddar Lays potato chips (not the wavy ones), cherry/mango Bigstick popsicles, bacon sandwiches (no L or T), tuna noodle casserole with crushed potato chips and grated cheddar on top and many more horribly unhealthy things I just can't think of right now.

Dianemwj, That is insane about the chicken skin (as I am frantically looking on line to see if we have any Filipino markets. lol.

Cbsop.com

Spam. In fried rice. In musubi. in onigiri. As a sandwich. As a burger. With eggs.

Imag0027

Crispy, salty french fries; mac 'n cheese; a big slice of NY cheesecake!

French Fries dipped in Tartar sauce :)

Me

Chocolate Hostess cupcakes (two in a package) with the seven squiggles on top and the vanilla creme in the middle ...

3-bizcard

Yay!! me too.

Ooey, gooey nachos with sliced jalapenos. Cheesy potato skins with sour cream. Creamy baked macaroni and cheese with fresh tomatoes. White Mexican Cheese Dip with chips. Grilled cheese sandwiches with American and Provolone cheeses. Yep, I like cheese. ;0

Stringio

Velveeta

Stringio

Velveeta

Duck Prosciutto....mmm the fatty bits

The "Hungry Man Fried Chicken Dinner" enough sodium to kill a small elephant. But I loved it---until they stopped using wings....and finding it with 'bone in' fried chicken harder to find now, even then it's only a breast and a thigh...no wing. The original had this great skin on it that was super salty. It'd be two meals for me tho.

So far I think Kraft Singles and SPAM are the winners here in the category of foods that will send you to hell. I'm surprised that Doritos haven't scored higher.

3-bizcard

How about a grilled kraft singles cheese and spam sandwich!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Looks as though Velvetta is beating Kraft singles... I love the boxed velvetta & cheese once in a while.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

I think mine takes the cake here - Betty Crocker Blueberry muffin batter - unbaked. I used to love this during final exams or other high-stress times. Mix it up and eat it straight from the bowl, maybe leave enough to bake a few for breakfast the next day. Now I avoid this entirely due to the partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup in the mix, of which I have had more than I care to think about.

110

I persist in thinking that the totally denatured cherries in canned fruit cocktail are the true doors to heckdom.

Salt and vinegar Pringles, those giant piles of nachos with cheese and jalepenos and sour cream you get at sports bars for sure. Really anything deep fried. A big one is anything very carb-heavy with lots of cheese - buttery grilled cheese sandwiches and mac and cheese (I used to be huge on Stouffer's frozen kind. It is amazing, especially with baby carrots). Recently my biggest problem has been creme fraiche - I can't seem to open my fridge without grabbing big globs of it straight with a spoon and/or my fingers... repeatedly.

Nutella, straight out of the jar, using a pack of breadsticks for the dipping tools... It's been a while since I've indulged, but it really is very good.

Another delicious thing is a MacDonalds vanilla milk shake with a double espresso stirred in. The staff look at me like I'm crazy, but it warms the shake up enough for it not to be hard work to drink, and it's not cloyingly sweet. It doesn't work with a chocolate shake though, just the vanilla.

Wholefoods_user_icon

I love deep fried tofu. The way they make it here at the store taste soooo good, but I know it can't be good to eat everyday, so I enjoy it once a week.

Summer_2010_1048

I love Kraft singles too, any American cheese really. So nice know I have so much company among Food52ers!

Dsc_0048b

It really is the only cheese for a fried egg sandwich!

I'm scared to ruin the Kraft singles, Velveeta, or any fake cheese for that matter, food parade..., but I vehemently despise all of those things, and often say that there is almost no amount of money you could pay me to eat them. Something about orange cheesy stuff makes my stomach squirm. But I love junk food of all sorts, and as a kid was known to eat fig newtons and chips every day. I still love nutri grain bars--ingredient list is scary. Doughnuts, muffins, cheese danishes, and almost any baked good is my idea of heaven. And can I say that I like boxed yellow cake with that terrible chocolate canned frosting. I haven't had it in years, but it was oh so good! As was the strawberry boxed cake, which I was allowed to have on my birthday in kindergarten. I can still taste it.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Hamburger Helper, Honeycomb cereal, Hot Pockets & Open Pit BBQ sauce. Rice-A-Roni... I'm hungry.

Hot Pockets are definitely the road to perdition, Rice-A-Roni not far behind.

I like rice-a-roni, and even the Kraft Mac and Cheese 'dinner' with nuclear orange powder and none of that soupy 'sauce pac' stuff that stuff is bad...the cheep dry stuff. Great backpack food.
Also...the uncle bens "90 second rice" makes it into my campbag. Only the Spanish rice flavor--the other stuff in the product line is beyond bad tasting.

Nobody loves War Heads or citric acid. Bummer.

Citric Acid? I use that to mix up a homemade 'Alka-Seltzer'. A 1/2 tsp of that in a large glass of water, 1 tsp of baking soda. Wait until it bubbles--taste and adjust.
And if you have head-ache a 'bc powder' in the glass.

I freaking love War Heads!

Farmer's_market

I like the San Francisco treat too (although I haven't had it in many years, it evokes fond memories.) Actually, I couldn't give a Roni about what I 'should' and 'shouldn't' enjoy eating....oops, shameless.

3-bizcard

Two more that I remember that pimento cheese spread in a jar, spread on white bread, and deviled ham it came in those little cans that were wrapped in paper with mayo and dill pickle on white bread.

Now that's definitely a southern thing!

Love pimento cheese spread!

I used to love the pimento cheese in a jar, too. (and I'm from CA)

Betty Crocker Au gratin potatoes!,, Yea the ones in the box. Sad but true.

Dsc_0002_2

No fellowship in Creton? I feel so lonely.

Don't forget Disco Fries.

Dsc_0002_2

I think somebody else already said Malted Milk balls. They don't even taste very good but the texture over the moon & out of this world.

@Sam1148... I think I meant ascorbic acid but what a great tip.

@sdebrango... Yes! Underwood Deviled Ham. Came in a little tin and the pleated paper wrapper had a red devil on it. That got spread on a saltine with a sliced olive on top (with a martini). The weekday sandwich version was Oscar Mayer deviled ham spread with bits of pickle in it - came in a plastic tube. If anyone remembers eating that, the tube was sealed with metal grommets and you invariably stabbed yourself with a paring knife, trying to cut open the tube.

3-bizcard

@pegeen yes thats it Underwood deviled ham, I remember the little red devil on the paper. I never saw the deviled ham spread in a plastic tube. My Mom used to take the deviled ham out of the can spread it on bread with mayo on it and make a sandwich, she always sent a pickle in my lunch box. That tube sounds dangerous. Thanks!!

My mother mixed it with cream cheese and spread it on sandwiches. Loved it.

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese :)

Food52

Its a daily battle for me not to pull into a McDonalds drive through and get a large order of fries. I can't even remember the last time I actually had them. It's been several years. I swore off of fast food joints like McDonalds, Burger King, etc.. long ago, but that doesn't erase the fact that I think the fries are delicious.

I know there are much better fries out there made from fresh cut potatoes. I think its more the convenience then the quality that made me go for them.

Stay strong Ben.... Stay strong.

Facebook_photo

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing from the packet, made with Hellman's; Big Cheez-its and orginal red twizlers. (Not at the same time!)

peanut butter with a spoon.
York mint patties.
Sour cream and onion (or any) Pringles.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

check, check & check.. Now off to find that jar of Peanut butter!

Hot chips.....hard to resist ....to smell them is to want them!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

During my adolescent years, I lied on WW Chicken Fetticuine. No desire for that now, TG...

Too many to count, but here are a few at the top of my list: port wine and cheese in a plastic jar, Shin ramyun with a slice of Kraft cheese melted on top, Combos, and Robo Pops. Sadly, I could go on with this list all day...

Buddhacat

Add your answer here

5789281412_a38a402692_b

Hamburger Helper's Beef Stroganoff. I know how to make if from scratch, but it is too good by adding a little sour cream at the end. Oh! and Tostinos pizza rolls with Ranch dressing

5789281412_a38a402692_b

Mmmm...french fries with an insulting amount of ketchup....

And I second Hamburger helper. I don't understand why...but I like it!
And I'm a sucker for Velveta Shells and Cheese. I think it's because it stays so damn creamy.
Oh-and Dairy Queen Blizzards. I could eat those till I got sick!

no one mentioned Wheat Thins or Ritz Crackers. Think they merit consideration

Hostess Snoballs (I like the white ones), Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes, Oreos ... the Chocolate Cupcakes are probably my number one guilty pleasure. I also looove chili cheese fries.

O & C Onions right out of the can.

Img__631-1_(1)

wonder bread, fried bologna, fried egg, American cheese and Hellmans, for breakfast

Tom I made something similar to your breakfast just the other day.
Awhile back a friend of mine from Baton Rouge owned a restaurant with a southern slant and one day he brought out what he called his "white trash" sandwich; fried soft shell crab on white bread with mayo and ketchup. It was damn good.

3-bizcard

I love fried bologna sandwiches. Must be on white bread with helmans.

Img__631-1_(1)

If you get out the Bayou it seems most oyster poor boys are served on pullman slices with shredded iceberg, mayo and butter.

Img_20130325_093058

Sourdough bread toasted with butter and sprinkling of salt, Velveeta shells and cheese, and cinnamon toast crunch cereal. If I start eating any of these things, I won't be able to stop myself... and I am about 9 months pregnant wishing I had all these things in my kitchen now, that would make for an awesome three course meal!

Image

Wow, pierino, you really are psychic. (Either that, or you have a friend at the NY Times.)
http://www.nytimes.com...

3-bizcard

Great article drbabs, and so true. Sometimes it's next to impossible to replicate the taste of certain foods that you grew up with and are commercially prepared, Heinz ketchup, Helmans mayo etc..

Yes drbabs, I live a psychic life---although some might say psychotic. I always have a jar of Best Foods/Hellmans in the refrigerator along with that package of Kraft singles. And there's that tin of SPAM out there as an affront to everything that is decent and wholesome in the world.

08270410avatar_messbrasil

What could be worst for you than that fatty grease stripe atached to tenderloin?Love it!Gotta have it!Am I alone on this one?

Mensaque, I so get it - love the fat on lamb chops

Open-uri.13930

Sweetened condensed milk..right outta the can! The only sweet I truly love.....on Fresh bread.....

08270410avatar_messbrasil

You should try it on pop corn(no salt),and on strawberries...you have no idea!Or just mixed with cocoa powder,on mushed bananas,on fruit loops...Don't ever get a brazilian started on condensed milk!

Dsc_0122.nef-1

Add your answer here

Oh chef Susie! You're right! It was always a holiday treat in our household... Condensed milk sandwiches! The rule when we were kids was that you could have as much as you liked, so long as it didn't trickle off the bread before you finished the sandwich! If you put too much on to accomplish the task, then Mum would put it on for you (thinly) next time! The same applied to the Dutch treat hakels (chocolate vermicelli that would be shaken on bread...as thickly as we dared!)

Ozoz_profile

Asda's custard donoughts!

Funfetti cake!

There was a point in my life when I could make Kraft Boxed Mac'n Cheese by sight, measuring cups be damned. For parties, I'd make 3 boxes worth in my best and biggest pasta pot. Can you beat the warmth of that creamy orange glow? I think not...

P1030363

I love Kinder eggs. You crack open a milk chocolate egg and find a toy inside that you often have to put together! What could be better than that?! The best one I got was a toy airplane that I got from a Kinder egg at Duty Free. I happily put it together and flew it...while I was on the plane.

Potato chips!