🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

What's the best way to cook beets?

asked by EZASPIi26 over 2 years ago
Baci1

Peel, toss w oil and roast.

I would not bother peeling. Wash them good after roasting the skin will slip right off.

Baci1

I like to peel before cooking because I hate doing it after roasting. Seems to be messier. Just a preferance on part.

That's exactly how I got our non-beet eater to eat beats, too. Instead of using balsamic dressing, I made a dressing of fresh orange juice and walnut oil. You may also want to try goat cheese instead of the blue cheese sometime. Both work really well. The really nice thing about roasting the beats in the foil is that the skins just slip off. Wear rubber gloves, though, if you want to avoid staining your hands.

Wholefoods_user_icon

I peel and cut them up and cook like potatoes but I add a tbsp of reed wine vinegar to the water. When I serve them I put a little cinnamon on them. So far even the picky eaters in my house eat them with no problem!

Headshot

I'm partial to Sally Schneider's steam-roasting technique in "A New Way to Cook." You put the unpeeled beets in a roasting dish, and add about 1/4" of water. Cover the dish with foil, then roast at 425 for 45 minutes or an hour. Once cool, you can slip the skins right off the beets. I think it's the easiest and tastiest way to cook beets.

This is my favorite beets recipe. Its so delicious! http://www.thekitchn.com...