🔔
🔎

What are your favorite Essential summer recipes?

asked by Mollyh over 2 years ago

Paella cooked outside on the grill.

Me_in_munich_with_fish

Grilled corn salad with tomatoes and basil.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

BLT's and having fun with hamburgers. Tomato everything.

Food52

grilled home made sausage, grilled burgers, grilled corn on the cob, grilled everything.

I make a killer sangria and over-pack it with fruit. I take the left over, booze soaked, fruits and make a great sorbet.

Dsc_0002_2

This is a thorough pain in the @#$, what with all the dicing and slicing and toasting and roasting (in eggplant season!) and chiffonade-ing and quartering and so-on and so-forth, but this is my summer crack.

http://www.epicurious.com...

...if you make it just for you, you can eat it everyday for a week.

Food52

I personally find all the dicing and slicing and toasting and roasting and chiffonade-ing and quartering and so-on and so-forth" some what therapeutic. And my Wife likes that about me :) I'll give this recipe a whirl, thanks for the link!

Dsc_0002_2

I like it too, really I do! But not while I am melting. Tthis is serious business here. Roasting! In August! In New York!

I can't take the heat, much to my mother's dismay, I have never cooked in a professional kitchen.

Food52

One of lifes great pleasures is opening the double doors of a heat blasting commercial convection oven in a kitchen that is already over 100 F ;)

Dsc_0002_2

Yeah, in January in Minnesota.