🔎

• 15

• 1039

Best "leftover lunch" you ever brought to work

So today while im sitting in my cube at a software company, i cant help but be uber excited for noon. To me that meant lunch time, which also means last nights leftovers. My dinner last night was a wine&cheese dinner...so lucky for me, todays lunch consists of: Homboldt fog, formage d'affinois, prima donna and ossauraty cheeses...with a side of grapes.
So i ask you, what is the best leftover lunch you have ever brought to work?

Noz_photo
nzle added almost 2 years ago

I always love it when I get to pack steak sandwiches for lunch after having steak for dinner! I also get irrationally excited about leftover frittata, which is almost better at room temperature than it ever is while warm.

Summer_2010_1048
Midge added almost 2 years ago

I'm with Nozlee, leftover frittata, sliced on rustic bread or baguette w/ mayo is my idea of packed lunch heaven.

Summer_2010_1048
Midge added almost 2 years ago

and leftover meatloaf sandwiches are up there too!

nutcakes added almost 2 years ago

Leftover cold fried chicken.

Lennon'sMom added almost 2 years ago

@midge, love leftover meatloaf sandwiches...a little ketchup/mayo on white bread...yummo!

Bill F added almost 2 years ago

Hands down my favorite. Moms left over meatloaf on simple white bread... Sign me up!

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm
beyondcelery added almost 2 years ago

Leftover meatloaf with brown rice! I also get really excited when I made bacon and leek quiche the night before. Oh, and my homemade focaccia with lentil soup.

Bigpan
bigpan added almost 2 years ago

Leftover lasagna, or professional pizza - not the frozen store kind which is not yet perfected.

Kristen W. added almost 2 years ago

Love leftover meatloaf sandwich, but gotta say, I just loooove leftover homemade pizza.

08270410avatar_messbrasil
mensaque added almost 2 years ago

I work from home,so it's easier for me.I love left over baked pasta,pot roast sandwich with lots of ketchup,and this "vegetable pudding" I make is always better the next day...It's like a heavy souflé with chopped vegetables and bacon in it.I know,I know!I sound incoherent right now,but it is what it is.Also my mother makes THE BEST meatloaf,but she's almost never in the mood to do it,and most of brazilian food is better the next day:especially feijoada.

jmburns added almost 2 years ago

I love left over beef stew. Always better the next day.

kimhw added almost 2 years ago

Leftover braised short ribs and mashed potatoes! Mmmmm. So yummy the next day!

Photo
linzarella added almost 2 years ago

leftover spaghetti, turned into a spaghetti frittata with mushrooms and squash.

Food52
Benny added almost 2 years ago

Anything that can be put in between two slices of bread, or eaten cold is a winner for me. I like re-heated left overs, but the convenience of a sandwich is unmistakable for me.

jsdunbar added almost 2 years ago

I love leftover home made greek-style salad (I include zucchini, broccoli, etc., whatever is on hand), alone or with chunks of chicken.