🔎

A question about a recipe: Crunchy Celery, Radishes and Turnips Salad-Slaw in Blue Cheese Sauce

I have a question about the ingredient "• 5 spring onions, white and green parts thinly sliced" on the recipe "Crunchy Celery, Radishes and Turnips Salad-Slaw in Blue Cheese Sauce" from Kukla. Do you mean scallions?

18
Noz_photo
nzle added almost 2 years ago

Scallions and spring onions are interchangeable in recipes, although technically they're two different plants!

Kukla added almost 2 years ago

Thanks a lot Nozlee for answering Randy’s question for me!

Randi added almost 2 years ago

Got it; it's just a matter of volume. I'm so glad I did *not* put 5 of my golf-ball sized "spring onions" in the salad. 1 created enough thin slices, 5 would have overwhelmed this masterpiece of a salad.

Kukla added almost 2 years ago

I am sorry Randy for not answering your question right a way, I did not check the recipe for a few days. Nozlee gave you a perfect answer and in the video Amanda and Merrill made the salad with scallions. The green onions I used were very young and did not have large bulbs yet.