🔎

• 2

• 1265

• See other questions tagged:
    • wondra

Urgent! A question about a recipe: KFC: Korean Fried Chicken Wings

I have a question about the ingredient "Wondra Flour" on the recipe "KFC: Korean Fried Chicken Wings" from ravenouscouple. Is Wondra absolutely necessary in this recipe? Since it's only for dusting prior to frying, and not actually dissolving into liquid.. would cake flour be an alright substitute?

092810f52_me_0283
nutcakes added almost 2 years ago

Well I doubt it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. But I have made some oven fried wings that were dusted with Wondura and they were especially crispy. You could use rice flour if you have it. Otherwise I'd stick to AP flour.

Sam1148 added almost 2 years ago

I'd pick some up. It's available at most supermarkets....at least the US. It's in a blue paper shaker top tube.
It's very handy to keep around for adjusting a sauce or gravy...or dusting something for pan frying like a fish or chicken cutlet. I forget the name of the product that's used in Canada and England---Anyone?

Failing that...the rice flour suggestion is a good one. Of if you go AP, add a bit of cornstarch as it crisps up very nice on wings.