🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Saving Lemons

I have a bunch of lemons that are starting to go bad. Is there any way of keeping them from doing so? I was thinking of juicing them. Will the juice still be okay if the peel is starting to turn. And is there any way of saving the peel or zest, on those lemons whose outsides still look okay.

asked by ATG117 over 2 years ago

If the outsides are "ok" then the peel is fine - right? If they are not rotten inside (even a little brown is ok) then use the juice it's fine.

Bigpan

Cut into wedges or slices and freeze individually on a sheet tray. When frozen you can pack in a ziplock. Then pull out as needed for a drink or recipe as required.

So I was wondering about freezing. Have you used frozen slices with success? Can I freeze them whole or is it better, in general, to freeze the juice as mentioned above. Assuming I go with the juicing option, Can I use a peeler to take off the zest in sheets first and freeze those as well?

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

You can freeze the peel until you have enough (or are in the mood) to make candied peel, too.