🔎

• 4

• 1946

can marinated bocconcini go bad?

I'm embarrassed to say that I've run across a tub of marinated bocconcini (technically the label reads "marinated celigene mozzarella cheese") in the back of my fridge. It expired in September of last year (for those keeping track, it is now July). I've opened the container, sniffed the cheese and handled it. It seems to have the proper consistency and doesn't smell bad. I concede that it's not optimally fresh, but is it still safe to eat? I'd love to add it to my tomato & basil salad.

Noz_photo
nzle added over 1 year ago

I would toss it. Better safe than sorry...think of it this way: if your bocconcini was a child, it'd be close to speaking its first words right now.

Bemie added over 1 year ago

I'm the type of person who is unafraid of yogurt that expired six months ago. That has always worked out fine for me. But "aged" bocconcini is uncharted territory for me.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Pitch it! It is not safe to eat.

chef of the future 2000 added over 1 year ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Seriously? If your that desperate I would go ahead and try a nibble - you should be able to smell or taste bad cheese. Good luck Gomer !