Hot weather dinner

I'm having family this weekend, and need to have 3 squares on Saturday. I've got breakfast and lunch, but want to bake Amanda's squash gratin for dinner w/ a peach tart. What else would be great w/ this?

asked by LLStone about 2 years ago

One more thing - I am allergic to beef / pork / lamb - I think it's from a tick bite (google it), but for now, the mains need to be fish or fowl. Another hurdle.

Buddhacat

A salad of course - fresh greens and cucumbers, tomatoes or whatever you like in salads. And Blue Kale Road's strawberry vinaigrette dressing.

Makes 1 1/2 cups

2 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 tablespoon canola oil
A pinch of kosher salt
Puree all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Store vinaigrette in a jar in the fridge for up to one week.

Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019

Grilled chicken breasts would be wonderful with your squash gratin side, SKK's suggested salad, and the peach tart for dessert......and it satisfies your allergy problem!

Thanks you guys! I think I've got a menu that includes salad w/ strawberry vinaigrette and chicken shish-ka-bobs. :)

Sounds delicious!