🔎

• 8

• 2082

• See other questions tagged:
    • dessert

Dessert for 50 people served outside. Any suggestions

Baci1
HalfPint added over 1 year ago

Banana pudding. I made this recipe (though I did skip that whole step of straining the pudding, just not necessary), http://www.evilshenanigans...

Was delicious and took about 10 minutes to assemble from start to finish. Then into the fridge overnight. Nothing like cold sweet dessert during a sweltering heatwave.

Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019
JanetFL added over 1 year ago

You can set up an ice cream sundae bar, using homemade or purchased ice cream. Serve direct from containers kept in coolers, or scoop individual portions in advance and freeze on a cookie sheet. Arrange bowls with a variety of toppings (nuts, fruit, chocolate chips, sauces, etc.) and let everyone make their own sundaes.

Elaine Ruth added over 1 year ago

Several different kinds of home your own baked cookies and dishes of gelato.

Scan0004
susan g added over 1 year ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Watermelon wedges on ice, assorted cookies. No scooping, no utensils.

Esther Plume added over 1 year ago

Vast quantities of the very nicest in season fruit, with jugs of cream, ice cream if it's practical, whipped cream and meringues to make their own Eton Mess if you've got strawberries or raspberries, and some cute biscuits?

We had a celebration meal for 80 last year, and served 30lbs cherries and 30lbs strawberries with cream, evap milk (for the old fashioned ones) and ice cream. It was hassle free for us, and enjoyed by everyone.

Face
allans added over 1 year ago

Fruit skewers in a clear plastic cup with dollops of Greek yogurt in the bottom

Open-uri.13930
chefsusie added over 1 year ago

Perhaps, Texas sheet cake (chocolate), banana split cake, and assorted cookies, bars. The first two are rather large.

amysarah added over 1 year ago

You could make biscuits for shortcake and split them - James Beard's recipe is great: http://food52.com/recipes...

Put them out with a big vat of whipped cream (I add a little vanilla) and bowls of macerated strawberries - I'd also offer other berries or sliced peaches or plums, whatever summer fruit looks good - and guests can assemble their own shortcakes, with whatever combo they want.