🔎

• 11

• 2610

How can I make vanilla frozen yogurt (store-bought, not soft-serve) taste good? Hubs bought it by mistake.

Image
Poupon added over 1 year ago

We love it with sliced strawberries and raw unsalted sunflower seeds on it. I never liked yogurt until I had it that way. I hope you try it and enjoy it.

jsdunbar added over 1 year ago

Any fruit - fresh, sliced & sprinkled with sugar & let sit, or as a sauce, or chocolate or caramel sauce or maple syrup (with pecans or walnuts perhaps), chocolate chips or nuts, on merangues whatever you can imagine. Say on a brownie with chocolate sauce. On a merangue wit fruit sauce & cookie stuck in the side at a jaunty angle. Have fun. Make it decadent or elegant

ATG117 added over 1 year ago

If you don't like the texture, you can put it in a blender to achieve a more soft serve-like consistency. Otherwise, I think some granola and macerated strawberries do wonders. You can top that all off with a reduced balsamic vinegar syrup.

Maedl added over 1 year ago

Perhaps put it in in a blender with fruit--lots of good stone fruit or berries available now would help disguise the vanilla taste.

Lennon'sMom added over 1 year ago

sandwhich it between homemade cookes! delish!

Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019
JanetFL added over 1 year ago
Voted the Best Answer!

I would make Brandy Alexander out of it: add brandy, creme de cacao and milk to the ice cream and process in a blender until smooth.

gmg2011 added over 1 year ago

My grandfather always made Brandy Alexanders this way--though no milk, just ice cream and ice. It is a family tradition to have them throughout the Christmas season. It helps to keep the brandy and creme de cacao in the freezer so you get a nice thick consistency.

chef of the future 2000 added over 1 year ago

What's not to like!? But you could try making milk shakes or ice cream sodas if you want to "hide" the flavor.

Scan0004
susan g added over 1 year ago

I would probably just put the spoon in the carton and dive in... but here's my rather unusual smoothie, made with ice cream, where the frozen yogurt would fit perfectly -- http://www.food52.com/recipes....

Lorigoldsby
lorigoldsby added over 1 year ago

Root beer float?

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Amanda's Blueberry Sauce with Grappa . . . . I made some the other day and we just happened to have some frozen non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt in the freezer, over which I spooned some of the sauce. It was delicious!! ;o)