🔔
🔎

How can I make vanilla frozen yogurt (store-bought, not soft-serve) taste good? Hubs bought it by mistake.

asked by Mollyh over 2 years ago

We love it with sliced strawberries and raw unsalted sunflower seeds on it. I never liked yogurt until I had it that way. I hope you try it and enjoy it.

Any fruit - fresh, sliced & sprinkled with sugar & let sit, or as a sauce, or chocolate or caramel sauce or maple syrup (with pecans or walnuts perhaps), chocolate chips or nuts, on merangues whatever you can imagine. Say on a brownie with chocolate sauce. On a merangue wit fruit sauce & cookie stuck in the side at a jaunty angle. Have fun. Make it decadent or elegant

If you don't like the texture, you can put it in a blender to achieve a more soft serve-like consistency. Otherwise, I think some granola and macerated strawberries do wonders. You can top that all off with a reduced balsamic vinegar syrup.

Perhaps put it in in a blender with fruit--lots of good stone fruit or berries available now would help disguise the vanilla taste.

sandwhich it between homemade cookes! delish!

What's not to like!? But you could try making milk shakes or ice cream sodas if you want to "hide" the flavor.

Scan0004

I would probably just put the spoon in the carton and dive in... but here's my rather unusual smoothie, made with ice cream, where the frozen yogurt would fit perfectly -- http://www.food52.com/recipes....

Lorigoldsby

Root beer float?

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Amanda's Blueberry Sauce with Grappa . . . . I made some the other day and we just happened to have some frozen non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt in the freezer, over which I spooned some of the sauce. It was delicious!! ;o)