🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Pickling Liquid

I have been making a lot of small batch refrigerator pickles lately. We have been enjoying the pickles, but now have a ton of used pickling liquid. What can I do with it?

asked by azk209 about 2 years ago
Baci1

Apparently you can use it to brine chicken for fried chicken. Go to SeriousEats.com for the Chik-Fil-A-esque chicken recipe there's lots of mention that the brining liquid for their chicken contains pickle juice.

You can drink it. Sometimes pickle juice really hits the spot (electrolyte deficiency can do that).
Otherwise I would toss it, pickling brine gets watered down by the vegetables that are in it, so it doesn't have as much flavor and has a different acidity and salt content by the time you've used the pickles, it is no longer useful for making more pickles.
I have used pickle juice in salad dressing (creamy with mayo) and I've used leftover commercial pickle liquid to quick-pickle hardboiled eggs, so I guess depending on the flavor those could work too.
You might be able to use it as weed killer depending on what's in it.

Sarah_chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Two words: bloody mary!