What is a goo way to prepare asparagus ?

asked by mike2012 about 2 years ago

I've been making white pizza lately. Ricotta cheese (seasoned with thyme, garlic), Mozzarella cheese, and top with asparagus tossed in olive oil and touch of vinegar. Red onion slices. And then baked.

Finish with fresh herbs, or spinach..(or use frozen spinach drained in the ricotta base). Add some chopped up roasted chicken on top after it's baked. (if you use fresh spinach, add it at the end coated with oil and let it wilt in the last 1 min of cooking the pizza).

If you don't want to make dough--most supermarkets will have dough prepared in their bakery section..and grab a roasterrie chicken..which is good for a couple of meals. And great on the pizza.

Waffle3

My favorite prep is one of the simplest: Steam for 2 min., serve with a little Best Foods mayo or, if feeling energetic, hollandaise.

Take heed of the old Roman saying "velocius quam asparagi coquantur" which translates to "faster than cooking asparagus". Limp, soggy spears are a sin.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

For a "wow" factor, check this Food52 winner: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Lorigoldsby

Also...grilled asparagus...and if you can't get to a grill...oven roasted (3 minutes on low broil) drizzled with a little olive oil and some smoked alder salt...will give you that sweet, smoky taste.

Baci1

I'm with Sam on this one. My favorite asparagus dish is a white pizza made with slivered asparagus, chevre, a store-bought pizza dough and red pepper flakes. Easy, simple and deliciously light.

I think on the grill a little olive oil salt and pepper some lemon peel and goat cheese over the top when they come off the grill