🔔
🔎

Turning gazpacho into pasta sauce?

I made a good quantity of gazpacho two days ago (River Cottage Inn recipe, but with a green bell pepper instead of red). I have about 2 cups leftover, and I'm a bit tired of eating it as a meal. Can I turn it into a pasta sauce of some sort? Maybe add tomato paste? Any ideas welcome!

asked by CarlaCooks over 2 years ago

I make no cook tomato sauce all the time to dump over hot pasta. I'd drain most of the liquid off and add cubes of fresh mozzarella and torn basil leaves to change it up.

I just used leftover gazpacho the other day in a shrimp and okra gumbo. The green peppers really did compliment the overall flavor.

Scan0004

You could try making a pasta salad using the gazpacho as a base for the dressing, since it's so close to being one now. Try adding small new potatoes (boiled), the fresh moz and basil mentioned by nutcakes, and whatever suits your liking. Or forget the pasta, make potato salad with the other ingredients...

Oh, pasta salad! I didn't even think of that. Thanks to everyone for the good ideas. I appreciate it!