🔔
🔎

What is thebest way to successfullygrill chicken?

76650_what_is_thebest_way_to_successfullygrill_chicken_

asked by Heidigaetano over 2 years ago

Butterfly and have the back removed by the butcher, then marinade it overnight with whatever your favorite one is. Throw it on a hot grill skin side down for about 7to 10 minutes , lower grill , to medium, flip it over and cook for 20 more min

Actually it's not terribly hard to butterfly (spatchcock) a chicken with kitchen scissors or poultry shears. Personally I don't care for marinades but that''s up to you. For me I might stuff some herbs under the skin and rub the whole thing down with olive oil and coarse salt. Also, I always use real lump charcoal. Kingsford briquettes are for total sissies---and your chicken will smell like hell afterward.

Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019

I do bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts this way: marinate for a day in a mixture of buttermilk (to cover) along with salt, pepper, minced garlic and minced fresh rosemary or tarragon. Preheat grill on "high". When grill is ready, remove chicken from marinade and reduce heat to medium. Place chicken, skin side down, and grill for for 10 minutes. Turn burner on one side of grill to off for indirect heating; flip chicken and move to indirect heat side; cook covered for 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is done.