🔎

Shrimp and calamari for dinner

Any ideas/recipe for these 2 ingredients that do not involve pasta, a tomato sauce or deep-frying? I'm thinking about dinner tonight and I want to make it simple but satisfying.

Baci1
heathercheryl added over 1 year ago

I am making a shrimp, blueberry salad for dinner tonight. Will also toss in edame, walnuts and feta cheese and I will make a lemon vinagrette. Calamari would be good in it too.

Juli G added over 1 year ago

In an individual gratin dish I drizzle olive oil then add shrimp. On top I put garlic, green onions, sun dried tomatoes or chopped grape tomatoes, chopped kalamata olives and feta. Then I drizzle more olive oil, salt. pepper, oregano and a squirt of lemon or wine or both. Bake a 400 for about 15/20 min just until the shrimp are cooked. Salad and bread are all that is needed. So easy and good.
Or there is a great recipe on this site for obonomyaki (I think spelled that wrong :) ) that would be gret with your seafood. and it is eaasy as well.

chef of the future 2000 added over 1 year ago

I would cook on a granite Piastra on the grill using a Mario Batali recipe. Simple, summery and tasty

Summer of Eggplant added over 1 year ago

What about a paella or a ceviche style salad? Or just grilled with olive oil and garlic and some veggies on the side? Raichlen has a recipe for squid and shrimp kebabs with ginger tumeric glaze in Planet Barbecue. And while this might technically be pasta I personally love shrimp bun, sounds great for a summer evening. Enjoy!

I'm thinking along the same lines as Summer of Eggplant here. Paella would be excellent as well as ceviche, although for the latter the calamari should probably be cooked separately because the won't "cook" as quickly as the shrimp in the citrus juice.

Baci1
HalfPint added over 1 year ago

Thank you for all the great ideas! I think I'm going to toss the seafood in some oil/garlic/herb/lemon juice marinade and grill everything on the barbie. Have a good weekend!