🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

What's the best way to go about grilling corn on the cob?

asked by Christie,Nelson about 2 years ago

Pull the husks down almost to the bottom and remove the silks. Pull them back up and secure tightly with kitchen string. Fill your sink with water and soak for 30 minutes to an hour. Place the corn directly into hot embers; it's best to use real lump charcoal for this and not briquetttes.

Food52

This is exactly what I do. On a side note, I like to melt butter and mix with tobasco and salt to brush onto the corn after it's been cooked.

Food

Remove the husks COMPLETELY. Brine the corn in a sweet brine of sugar and salt water for at least an hour. place the corn directly on a hot grill. This will give you a sweet juicy corn with a great grilled flavor. The key to perfect grilled corn; ditch the husks and brine it.

Cimg0525

Completely clean the corn, and wrap it in foil but leave the ends open. The exposure caramelizes some of the kernels. You can add olive oil and your favorite spices before wrapping but it isn't absolutely necessary.

Remove the husks and silk. Wrap each ear in
foil with a tablespoon or two of beer. I grill
the corn for ten minutes, turn it and continue
cooking for another ten minutes. My family
loves corn this way.

0605111238

For those of us without grill access, I'll add that you can use a stovetop cast iron griddle or large cast iron pan, unoiled, and get that beautiful char on the kernels. I'd be interested to try some of the methods above (brining!) but I do know that I did the standard removing all the silk and husks and just heated the corn, pretty hot stove/pan, turning when it browned. The moderate drought in the Northeast means the corn was a little tougher and chewier, but I think the method would work with fresher, juicier corn a whole lot better.