Hurricane outside. Can't use the grill. Need a recipe for the best way to cook pork chops inside. Thanks

asked by Frank123 almost 2 years ago
Kroka_kitchen

Quick brine--soak in heavily salted water for 30 minutes--then blot dry and broil until cooked through. Unless they are thin. Then flash sauté in some garlic and olive oil.

When in doubt (and certainly in a huge storm) I resort to my dad's classic, fall-aparty oven chops. He rubbed them with spices (garlic, pepper, paprika, thyme) browned them on each side in a large saucepan, then threw in a can of soup. I can't believe I am typing that out loud, but it's true. He used cream of mushroom or cream of celery, or cream of chicken...whatever dusty can he could grab....and added some water, covered and baked for at least an hour- maybe longer. Somewhere toward the end he took off the lid and let it bubble and brown a bit. Served with egg noodles or mashed potatoes. You have to be careful of the salt content if you use pre-made soup. Otherwise, I think sauteeing onions, then adding chicken broth and herbs would also work well.

This is my favorite pork chop recipe - it's not really similar to grilling, so if you are trying to recreate your grill recipe it might not be good, but it is delicious. I know it says veal chops, but the first time I made it I accidentally got pork chops and it was still great. http://www.nytimes.com...

Bigpan

Here's a one word reply ... broil !

Baci1

This looks like hell, but tastes really good and you might have all the ingredients on hand.

Baci1

http://www.marthastewart...

I like to brine in salt & brown sugar, then dredge in seasoned flour (pepper, oregano, paprika, cayenne) and sear in a screaming hot cast iron skillet, then finish in the oven (that's if they're thick, that is).

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet