Grilled Salmon Appetizer

I'm hosting a Monday night football party tonight and have some salmon I need to grill. Does anyone have any good appetizer ideas for the salmon?

asked by Pastor Paul almost 2 years ago

If the salmon is indeed the appetizer you might make bruschette. You can grill the bread at the same time as the salmon. Slice the salmon thinly, place on a bread slice, top with sour cream and chopped fresh dill. If you want to splurge a bit, spoon on a tiny bit of black caviar (domestic).

I think that pierino's idea is great , especially for the simplicity, I do think that the addition of a bit of orange dill sabayon would truly compliment the salmon.

Garrison_family_2008

Thanks for the advice Pierino and Ron. I ended up doing the bruschetta with an avocado/tomato salsa (8 oz chopped tomato, 3 tbsp red onion, 1 tsp olive oil, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 yellow bell pepper, 1 seeded jalapeno, 1 tbsp lime juice, and 3 tbsp fresh basil) and grilled salmon on top. They went over very well despite how bad the game was. I live in Green Bay!