🔎

Have a small tin of foie gras I received as a gift. Very intimidated by it and am looking for an easy way to use it for a cocktail party. Ide

Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

This recipe seems perfect for a cocktail party, and you could always make your own modifications, like substituting regular prosciutto for the duck prosciutto, etc. http://www.food52.com/recipes...

lloreen added over 1 year ago
Voted the Best Answer!

You don't need a recipe! Serve it thinly sliced with baguette - that is the way I always ate it in france, Champagne is nice to go with it

I absolutely agree with lloreen on this. Simple as possible and don't let the vegi-nazi's take it away from you. We are suffering under that scourge in California, If you want to go crazy add some caviar.

Kukla added over 1 year ago

I like to spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on the baguette and top the foie gras with some caramelized onions, this combination is delicious with all kind of liver dishes.

Cristina-014-web-final
cristinasciarra added over 1 year ago

I agree with all the above answers. I spend my holidays in France with a French family, where foie gras is often served before the meal smeared on toast (brioche or pain de mie pairs best), accompanied by Champagne. I've also seen it served with a dollop of onion of fig jam, or slices of fig.

Junechamp

It's ready to eat. And it might be more spreadable than sliceable. Open the tin at both ends and push it out onto a plate. Then see what you want to do with it. Some cornichons or little pickled onions go nicely with it.. and crisp toasts.

ChefJune's suggestion is absolutely suitable. Toasts and cornichons are very traditional and delicious. Meanwhile they'll pry my foie gras from my cold dead hands.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 1 year ago

This question brings back memories of a party I attended. Fritos were offered to scoop the foie gras.

darksideofthespoon added over 1 year ago

This is making me crave my favorite "lunch" from a French deli I used to live by, that is now closed. They would make this amazing Rillette that reminded me of fois gras and serve them spread on a whole baguette with cornichons with baby lettuce. DELICIOUS. I'm jealous!