🔎

• 3

• 1152

• See other questions tagged:
    • burgers

Good recipe for turkey burgers?!

Pict1821

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

There are a handful shared here that you could check out (just type turkey burger into the search bar). Here's one example that sounds like it has a kick!
http://food52.com/recipes...

Sam1148 added over 1 year ago

If you're using dark meat turkey...moisture won't matter much. If you use supermarket ground turkey--it's easy to end up with a dry burger.

What I do is mix bread crumb, onions, and the above mentioned chiles in the mix. Sauteing the onions/chili..a bit of garlic first. To boost the moisture; a 1/4-1/2 tsp unflavored gelatine bloomed in 1/4 cup of water. The gelatine helps it stay moist while cooking..more bread crumbs to bind if needed to shape.

From there I go more Thai...adding some minced lemon grass, fish sauce, lime zest, ginger and a pinch of sugar and white pepper and salt. (sub more lime zest if you don't have lemon grass--there's a paste product that blends well without dry bits of lemon grass in the mix otherwise sautee with the onions/chili/ and garlic).

(I don't grill these but pan fry them so they hold together well).

Then serve on ciabatta rolls, with wasabi mayo on the bottom of the toasted bun...topped with Sriracha sauce, thin sliced cucumbers (pickled about an hour with rice vinegar). And finished with a bit of slaw with lime juice, olive oil, and salt. Those are more 'sliders' so count on 2 to 3 of those for each person.

I'll also use English Muffins for sliders because I keep those on hand in the freezer instead of ciabatta rolls.

Kristen W. added over 1 year ago

I've done something like Sam's Thai burger, but topped it with peanut sauce. Also love a ciabatta roll for this.