🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

King Salmon Fish Heads

I just got two large king salmon. I have the fish heads and bellies. There is a lot of meat on these pieces that sometimes get discarded. I'm looking for some good ideas to use these pieces. Thank You!

asked by SallyM about 2 years ago
Baci1

Not sure how adventurous, but then you're asking for recipes for fish head, so here goes. One of my favorite soups, Vietnamese Hot and Sour Soup, and it's a great recipes to use a salmon head (which is like 80% edible). It's a fantastic one pot meal that only requires a small bowl of rice.

http://wanderingchopsticks...

Great! Thanks for the idea - I just bought Charles Phan's new Vietnamese Home Cooking. Your recipe looks delicious.

Chris_in_oslo

Lots of meat on both the salmon head and belly! A couple of ideas:

Fish head curry is a a Singapore favorite. I've never had it with salmon, but I'd certainly give it a go. In Singapore the question is, "Is it really true that people in the US toss the head?"

Also, Japanese salmon head soup (really!)--while some people say that salmon doesn't make a good broth, I think they're wrong. It's just a stronger flavor than you get from leaner, whiter fish.

Great, now I have the "Fish Heads" song stuck my head. (g).