🔎

• 10

• 600

• See other questions tagged:
    • sides

Any good recommendations for a veggie side to go with an Italian meal

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 1 year ago

What's your Italian main course?

Slivy added over 1 year ago

Most likely chicken parm and/or lasagna

Tracey Wade added over 1 year ago
Voted the Best Answer!

sauteed Broccoli Rabe with garlic, yum

Kristen W. added over 1 year ago

Sounds simple, but I'd go for simply a salad of arugula and parm, tossed in a red wine vinaigrette. I think the lightness, freshness, and pepperiness of the salad is a perfect compliment to the richness of those main dishes. alternately, a romaine salad would be nice too, for added crunchiness.

Wholefoods_user_icon
a Whole Foods Market Customer added over 1 year ago

I agree with broccoli rabe. If that's too bitter for you (it is for me), sauteed spinach with garlic finished with either a splash of cider vinegar or balsamic. Roasted brussels sprouts. Roasted broccoli or cauliflower dusted with parmesan.

ATG117 added over 1 year ago

I'd also go with a green salad or one of the great green bean recipes on the site. I'd definitely aim for something light as a counterpoint to either of those mains.

ATG117 added over 1 year ago

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 1 year ago

caesar salad

Slivy added over 1 year ago

Thank you for all the recs. I'll be doing a caesar salad and some green beans!!

ryanm added over 1 year ago

Even easier than caesar, and slightly more unique, is an escarole salad with lemon dressing, pecorino romano and marcona almonds. I had this at Otto in NYC and have been making it ever since.