🔔
🔎

Canning advice

I'd like to can a couple of small jars of this: http://www.food52.com/recipes... to keep on hand for hostess gifts and cheese plates for the holidays. I've canned regular jam recipes with a water bath in past, and that's what I'd like to do with this since I don't have a pressure cooker. Does it seem like it would be safe?

asked about 2 years ago
Chris_in_oslo

Sorry, but with no sugar, only the smallest amount of vinegar plus some olive oil, I'd say absolutely not.

Gator_cake

Thanks! I had a feeling that would be the case.

P1291120

There's no reason, however, that you can't go through the whole water bath/good seal process and then store in the fridge (or even the freezer) until time to give out (with a note that it is to be kept in the fridge). I have no idea how long this would keep in the fridge, but I suspect it would be a decent amount of time

Gator_cake

That's an interesting idea. I may give it a whirl.

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Be sure you wipe the rims very well with a cloth dipped in vinegar so you're sure the oil doesn't interfere with the seal.