🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Ground white turkey meat-what's the best use?

I recently purchased ground white turkey meat. Are there any particular dishes that are optimal for white as opposed to dark ground turkey?

asked by KvellintheKitchen about 2 years ago
Image

I use them interchangeably. I think I prefer it in a sauce, like meat sauce, rather than a meatloaf because it is very white when cooked, but that's just an aesthetic preference.

Bigpan

Mix in some cranberry sauce and make 'hamburger' patties. Freeze for future use.
Or, mix with cranberry sauce (you need the moisture as well as taste) and roll in plastic wrap into a sausage roll, poach, then refry as a breakfast sausage.

Turkey, especially white meat turkey ground. Turns out very dry. If you use it in loafs, burgers, meatballs.
To help this out...use 1 tsp of unflavored gelatin to 1/2 cup of stock and use that to moistin bread crumbs to mix with the loaf, burger, meatball..along with the egg.

But, To forgo that..I like ground turkey in a thai type dish...with just ground turkey (marinaded with a bit of lime juice and garlic and ginger). Stir fried..and then slightly/lightly cook onion slices (threads, sliced 'pole to pole)..carrots, red peppers, and some chili peppers.

Dress that with a dressing of fish sauce/honey or brown sugar, sake or sherry, and lots of lime juice. Adjust salt/sugar/lime to taste (uncooked fish sauce tastes a bit off..so don't worry, it'll come together nicely with just a slight warming)

Add some cooked angle hair pasta and light oil to the mix before dressing it.

I also think the white meat is a bit more bland than the dark, so in a burger I'd try to boost the flavor with aromatics and/or herbs. Minced onion and parsley is a good combo, or minced onion, ginger, and cilantro could take it in a more Asian direction, for example.

Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019

I like ground white turkey meat in a white chili.

Turkey Taco Night!!! The best, I like it better than beef...way better