Hamburger pizza

I seem to be in a rut with my pizza--does anyone have special seasonings they use to flavor the meat (measurements would be helpful)? Also, does anyone mix the pizza sauce in the meat instead of spreading on the crust? I'd like to get a more flavorful pizza.

asked by Foodie in Iowa City almost 2 years ago
Noz_photo

Starting with flavorful individual parts is a good way to insure a good end product. We love this tomato sauce, which would work well on a pizza:

http://www.food52.com/blog...

As for the meat, it's always important to adequately use salt! And to get good browning, cook the beef in batches to make sure it browns instead of steaming. As for spice mixes, you might try these that we currently have in our shop:

http://shop.food52.com...

Garlic and a tiny dash of nutmeg would be welcome additions, too.

Monita_photo

Give your pizza a Mide-eastern flavor by replacing dried oregano with Za"atar

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Never made a hamburger pie but could saute your hamburger with your favorite burger toppings - sauteed mushrooms, onions, chopped pickles, spinach, garlic, roasted red peppers, sliced tomatoes or bacon. Also, swap the tradional pizza pie cheese and use shredded cheddar, greyre, american, etc. instead of relying on dried spices except for kosher salt & pepper.

Try making white pizza. Ricotta cheese and drained spinach..mix with garlic and oregano.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese for the base.
Add the toppings that need to be cooked on the pie (red onions, mushroom, red peppers..etc).
Bake. Remove at the last few mins and add some strips of cooked/grilled chicken breast.
Some fresh basil coated with olive oil is nice too at this point.
return to the oven for about 2-3 mins to finish cooking.

Face

I love Penzey's pizza seasoning. It's all you need for a delicious flavor

Food52

I like to make the different toppings separately (sauce, meat, veggies, etc..). If you mix your sauce with the meat and other toppings, everything will just meld into a single flavor. If you prepare each topping seperately and flavor them uniquely, you will build layers of flavor that will make your pizza much better.