🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

How do you make homemade hummus?

asked by Tracy Kaiser almost 2 years ago
L1020855

I drain a 15.5 ounce can of Garbanzo/chick peas -reserving the liquid. In a blender,combine drained chick pease, a fresh or roasted garlic clove( I prefer roasted as it is milder) ,a tbsp of lemon zest, a tbsp of tahini paste, two tbsp of EVOO, and blend until thickly smooth like chunky peanut butter. I taste for salt at the end and stir in one of several flavorings- black olive slices,chopped parsley,red bell pepper, browned onion bits- all are excellent additions individually or combined.If you prefer a thinner hummus,add back some of the drained liquid or plain water if the drained liquid is too salty. If it still seems more pizazz, squeeze some lemon juice in to liven the flavors. This will get better after it sits for an hour or two, and keeps several days in the frig.

My recipe is same as above except I like to add a few shakes of Tabasco

From a source you can trust:
http://www.guardian.co...

Same basic process, but try adding cumin and a splash of lemon juice.

08270410avatar_messbrasil

My great-grandfather was from Syria,so my great-grandmother learned from him(she was from Spain)all the traditional recipes,and fortunately my mom learned from her so that I could tell you right now that...Sam's recipe gets pretty close to the original,hahaha!!! Sorry,Sam,love you but I would use lime juice instead of lemon and add black pepper.For a pound of chickpeas,that I cook and peel when I'm feeling like it --or when I'm lying,cause I really just cook them-- (and that's a lot of hummus,so you might wanna cut the recipe in half),I use the juice from 4 limes,at least 6 cloves of garlic(you heard me!),1 cup of olive oil,salt and pepper to the taste,and 4 tbs of tahini(I usually leave it out,but Sam is right on that one:it's a key ingredient!).I use a blender.Do it little by little or you won't have a blender no more when you're done.Some water from the chickpeas might help,but not too much or it will get runny.Leave it in the fridge,it's always better the next day.