🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Pear-Filled Cowboy Coffee Cake

110920_46

I have a question about the recipe "Pear-Filled Cowboy Coffee Cake" from AntoniaJames. alternate tools

asked by daughterjudy almost 2 years ago

I would whisk the dry ingredients by hand, un-clumping the brown sugar with your fingertips if necessary. Then use handheld beaters to mix in the butter, which should be completely at room temperature. You will want to be very careful not to overmix the batter though -- just until combined and no more, or the cake will be tough.

It seems to me that the butter is to be cut into the dry ingredients as is done for pie crust or biscuit dough. You could use a pastry blender as pictured, or a strong fork or just work it in with your finger tips until it is a sandy consistency before adding the liquid (and not over-mixing). For that technique to work well, the butter should be cold, and cut into small cubes, so that it doesn't mush into the dry ingredients.

Pastry-blender

Gator_cake

Another option would be to whisk the flour mixture, then grate in very cold butter. A small amount of mixing afterward should get the butter incorporated.