🔎

• 3

• 548

A question about a recipe: Riz Au Lait

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Riz Au Lait" from Oui, Chef. It says:

"Place the rice in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Stir the rice a few times to knock any starch loose, then pour the rice through a strainer, run under warm water to rinse, and place back in the pan. Add 1 cup of the cream, the 2 cups of milk and the vanilla seeds and pods. Bring to a boil over medium -high heat, then lower to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the 1 cup sugar, stir and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove the vanilla pods before serving." How much sugar?

Rice_with_sugar-_blog_1053
inpatskitchen added over 1 year ago

I'm sorry...I meant to say that the ingredient list listd 1/4 cup sugar and yet in step one, Oui. Chef says to add 1 cup sugar. Which amount is correct? Thanks!

Gator_cake

I'm guessing you saw the answer at the recipe, but in case you didn't the 1/4 cup is correct.

inpatskitchen added over 1 year ago

Thanks HLA! As they used to say.."My Bad".. I didn't read the comments.