🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Butter And Herb Roast Turkey

Webfood52_11-06-12-7989

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Butter And Herb Roast Turkey" from sdebrango. It says:

"Put turkey on work surface and make sure it's clean and dry. Insert fingers under skin to loosen the skin from the breast meat. Work slowly so you don't tear the skin. Place lid on pan and put into the oven. No basting required!" I'm a bit confused. When do you rub the compound butter on the breast (step 2)? Before step 1?

asked by nlm almost 2 years ago
Monita_photo

It seems like the sentence "Place lid on pan and put into the oven. No basting required!" got misplaced. It sounds like the compound butter (reserving some) gets placed under the skin before putting it in the pan

Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

Yes, Monita's right -- I just moved that instruction to step 5 where it belongs. It should make more sense now!

3-bizcard

Sorry for the confusion, I sometimes get ahead of myself, yes you put some of the compound butter under the skin, cover and bake then before you crank up the oven and brown the skin I baste the bird with more compound butter.