🔎

A question about a recipe: Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie

I have a question about the recipe "Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie" from Genius Recipes. Curious if anyone has an approximate amount of pumpkin puree to aim for when doing the first carmelization/cooking down? I cooked my pumpkins today and they are a bit watery - will drain a bit, and freeze so those processes will get rid of some water but an approximation of how much cooked down puree would be a good guideline for me to have. The photos are a good help for guidance on color and texture, just after some approximate volumns. Made this last year and it was great! Thanks in advance for the help.

Food52_11-15-11-8518
Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Hi ejm, I'd wager you lose about 1/4 cup of volume from the liquid steaming off. Starting with 1 3/4 cup of a puree that looks like the photos will probably be a better indicator though -- good luck!

ejm added over 1 year ago

Wow, that was darn fast! Thanks - depending on how it defrosts I may just add a bit more puree and just cook it down to around 1.5 cup well cooked puree - a little over probably won't affect the set I would guess?