🔎

• 2

• 431

A question about a recipe: Herbed Biscuit Bites with Ricotta Cream and Onion Jam

I have a question about step 8 on the recipe "Herbed Biscuit Bites with Ricotta Cream and Onion Jam" from mrslarkin. It says:

"Serve biscuits warm or cool, topped with a dollop of ricotta cream and onion jam. Also looks pretty with one rosemary needle resting on top." Can the biscuits be made the day before?

Food52_12-20-11-5796
Monita_photo

Monita is a recipe tester for Food52 and a trusted source on General Cooking.

Biscuits taste best on the day they are made. You can eat them right out of the oven or wait until they have come to room temp. They won't taste as fresh the next day but if re-warmed can still be satisfying.

chasey added over 1 year ago

I wonder if you can't make the dough the day before, refrigerate, then roll, cut, and bake day of... I'm sorry I don't know for sure, but it seems to work well with all other things buttery.. pie crust, cookies, etc