🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: After Eight, White Chocolate Mousse and Raspberries Semifreddo with Raspberry Coulis

Raspberry_after_eight

I have a question about step 8 on the recipe "After Eight, White Chocolate Mousse and Raspberries Semifreddo with Raspberry Coulis" from Maria Teresa Jorge. It says:

"Start with a layer of white chocolate and After Eight mousse. Gently tap the mould on the counter top to get rid of any air bubles and smoothen with a spatula. Add a layer of Raspberries and put one more layer of white chocolate mousse, repeating the previous process. Make one more layer of raspberries and one more layer with white mousse." When do you add the WHIPPED CREAM? I assume folding into the whites but doesn't say

asked by shahira about 2 years ago
Pict1821

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Hi Shahira - the whipping cream appears in step 3: "In a stand mixer whisk the cold cream until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla and continue beating until hard peaks form."

why do some mousses have egg yolks and whites...

Pict1821

The egg whites and the whipping cream create a lighter airy mousse. I found an interesting article on the guardian outlining some of the different variations of mousse, and how different ingredients change the resulting dessert. http://www.guardian.co...

P1291120

Whites add loft; yolks add richness. A classic mousse recipe will use both, separately.