A question about a recipe: Stuffing with Ciabatta, Pancetta and Apples

Stuffing

I have a question about the recipe "Stuffing with Ciabatta, Pancetta and Apples" from mariaraynal. I want to make bread this weekend to use in this stuffing. What FOOD52 bread recipe do you recommend that I use? Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

asked almost 2 years ago
Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

I think this one would be great, although you might want to substitute a milder beer (which ChezSuzanne says you can do): http://www.food52.com/recipes...

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I see that this has a 100% hydration poolish, which is the same as my wild yeast levain, so this will work well for me. (And yes, a lighter beer would definitely be in order for this use.) Thanks so much! ;o)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Kristen, I made this, using a Lagunitas IPA and rosemary that I chopped within about thirty seconds after picking it. Unbelievable! Absolutely to die for. One loaf turned out to be exactly a pound (pure luck); that one will go into the stuffing. (Actually, it's going into the chorizo and sweet potato contest-winning stuffing, due to a last minute request by my son.) The other loaf has just about disappeared; it makes phenomenal toast. ;o)

Miglore

I love Lagunitas IPA -- great choice! So glad it was a success -- thanks for reporting back.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

To follow up, the stuffing turned out great! My family couldn't keep their grubby paws off the rosemary stout ciabatta bread (which makes phenomenal toast), so I also used equal parts pain de campagne made with my wild yeast levain and a noticeable amount of whole rye flour, as well as a semolina and olive oil enriched pizza crust I'd baked without any toppings. Outstanding combination. The herb croutons alone are just amazing. ;o)

Miglore

Fabulous!