🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

I am baking a cake and I want to substitute some of the flour for ground almonds. Do I substitute 1 for 1 or do I need to use a different ra

asked by Smla almost 2 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Can you refer us to the cake recipe? May help to see the other ingredients and proportions? If you add a link here, we can take a look.

It's a classic Victoria sponge recipe: 4 oz. flour, 4 oz. butter, 2 eggs.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

It's hard to say without trying it, but there are plenty of nut cake recipes that don't call for flour. When you substitute almond flour for regular flour you usually need more leavening, so these cakes often have more baking powder and/or whipped egg whites. Here's an example: http://www.epicurious.com...

3-bizcard

A Victoria Sponge is very light and airy I think, IMHO you would not do 1 to 1, I would add an ounce or 1.5 oz of ground almonds. I looked at an almond genoise recipe and they called for 1/3 cup almond flour and 1/2 cup AP flour. Having never made a Victoria Sponge but I have eaten it before at least the one I had was quite light and the almonds would make it heavier so I would go a little lighter on the almonds.

Thank you! These answers are very helpful!!