🔎

A question about a recipe: You Won't Believe it's Vegan Pumpkin Pie

I have a question about the recipe "You Won't Believe it's Vegan Pumpkin Pie" from Gena Hamshaw. Can the filling for this be made the night before and kept in the fridge until shortly before baking? (I'd take it out of the fridge when I start heating the oven.) Thanks so much. ;o)

Food52_10-31-12-5756
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only
Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Yes, we actually made the filling the night before when we shot it!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Splendid!! So glad I asked. I have such a short window early on Thursday morning. This will help tremendously. Thanks so much. ;o)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

By the way, Kristen, do you think that blackstrap, vs regular, molasses is critical? I really don't care for blackstrap molasses, and have a nice full jar of the regular stuff, which I'd prefer to use, if possible. With only two tablespoons here, I'm thinking that should be fine. What do you think? ;o)

Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Absolutely -- feel free to go with the flavor you prefer, and what you have on hand.

Stringio
Irina Van Verseveld added 10 months ago

I was wondering, if you use real pumpkin, does it need to be cooked prior to pureeing it or not? Thanks!