🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

food52hotline Should I first roast turkey breast down and then flip?

asked by @jilladavis almost 2 years ago
Kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

That's the method suggested in Russ Parson's Dry Brined Turkey recipe, and it works really well.
Here's the recipe, if you're interested in seeing the method: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Bigpan

As long as you don't mind the risk of the breast skin sticking to the rack and maybe tearing when you flip it .
I would follow the recipe but cook breast- up instead.

Sarah_chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I've done it several times with great success - you won't believe how much more moist the meat stays, since the juices keep circulating through the breast meat for much of the cooking time. I've never had a problem with the skin tearing (but definitely oil the rack regardless).

It is a bit of a logistical exercise to manage though :)