Looking for an eggless dessert

I have volunteered to bring a dessert to a lunch thanking teachers at my daughter's school. I have been asked to make it eggless since there are a number of egg allergies among the teachers. So I am wondering: What are food52ers' favorite eggless desserts? I am considering making amanda's Maple Cream Tart ( Any other suggestions that would work well for a festive holiday themed lunch? Thanks so much. :)

asked by cookinginvictoria almost 3 years ago

What about an apple crisp -- very seasonal

I don't eat eggs and love to do pies. Apple and other fruit pies are easy and always taste great. I I also make an eggless pumpkin pie substituting agar agar (vegetarian gelatin) or silken tofu for the eggs.

Apple-pie or cobbler. http://boulder.wholefoodsmarketcooking... (I've doubled this and done it in a 13"-9" pan for a larger crowd). I've also made the Cook's Illustrated Apple Cranberry pie (sometimes as written & sometimes with a streusel topping) and it's quite good. You can use milk or cream to brush the top rather than the eggwash.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions, everyone. Love the idea of the mulled wine autumn cobbler, so I am thinking that I just may make that.. (I hadn't realized that that recipe won the recent Whole Foods Market 'Your Best Recipe With Red Wine contest. Many congrats, HLA -- can't wait to try it!)