Hotline operation: new spam filter?

To those who operate the Hotline -- I've just made repeated attempts to respond to a question with a link to another internet site. Is that no longer possible? After five attempts I gave up. Kind of frustrating when there is a really good answer in another location and you can't point folks to the correct place...

asked by SeaJambon over 1 year ago
3-bizcard

I also did that and my answer was filtered out, but really it's ok with me last night to this morning my inbox was filled with almost 200 spam comments. I leave my cell phone on at night and had to turn it off it was alerting me of emails all night long.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

Et tu?? Same Spam flooding here as well, but looks like the F52 team has taken care of it!

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

So sorry about this -- we had the same. Those who use the site the most received the most spam, which doesn't seem fair. Our apologies!

Photo

I answered a question earlier today, and included a link - like SeaJambon's, mine was filtered out. I was hoping to be helpful! No spam issues here, though.

Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

SeaJambon, you're right -- this was a temporary measure our tech team decided on to stop the sudden flow of spam comments in the past day. They're working on a more sustainable solution as we speak!