🔔
🔎

What can I do with leftover cooked quinoa?

asked by Jtrinh7 almost 2 years ago

Use in place of protein for an enchilada casserole

Whenever I make something like quinoa, I make twice as much as I need, then freeze the leftovers in flattened ziplock bags. I use it wherever I would use rice (of which I also make twice as much and freeze): under something, in soups, with a poached egg on top.

Sarah_chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Fry it like fried rice, or use it as stuffing for roast vegetables (e.g. pumpkin, red peppers, tomatoes). You can also make some kind of patty out of it and pan fry /bake - something vaguely felafel-ish.

Make a salad with lots of chopped raw veggies , & a dressing with garlic, oregano oil & lemon juice. Add lots of grated lemon. It'll taste lovely & fresh

Cimg0737

I love to use leftover rice and other grains in porridge, especially now when the mornings are dark and chilly. Gena Hamshaw, food52's vegan columnist, recently wrote about this delicious sounding hot cereal, which uses quinoa. To locate this recipe, type in toasted coconut and almond quinoa porridge into the food52 search engine. I'm not able to successfully post the link here. In the wonderful cookbook, Good to the Grain by Kim Boyce, there is a great recipe for Quinoa Porridge, which I can vouch for. In addition to quinoa, it features cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and currants. If you type into Google, quinoa porridge, kim boyce, and good to the grain, you can find her complete recipe through Google Books.