🔎

• 5

• 481

A question about a recipe: Bacon and Date Scones

I have a question about the recipe "Bacon and Date Scones" from sugarmountaintreats. Step two says to whisk until fluffy, but only dry ingredients have been added so far. Is something missing?

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

I don't think anything is missing -- I think what sugarmountaintreats meant by "fluffy" is simply that the dry ingredients have been lightened and aerated by whisking them. (This, by the way, is a common "cheat" for sifting -- if you don't have a sifter, you can just whisk the dry ingredients). Hope the rest goes well!

George Bixby added over 1 year ago

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. In case you haven't already guessed, I'm not much of a baker. The scones are in the oven now!

100_0642
MrsK added 8 months ago

George Bixby, how did you like the scones? Are they on the "salty" side?

George Bixby added 8 months ago

I love this recipeā€”it's a great mix of savory and sweet. I didn't find them too salty at all, I actually added slightly more bacon and dates than called for, the second time I made these.

100_0642
MrsK added 8 months ago

Mmm... That sounds very interesting! I was just afraid that, although the scones have bacon, they would be sweet--which I somehow find a bit strange. Thanks for your answer!