🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef

8222494410_c497a1065a_b

I have a question about the recipe "Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef" from Genius Recipes. Will this turn out well if I reheat it on the stovetop? Imy oven will need to be at 375 for something else during at the same time that I need to reheat the brisket.

asked by Randi almost 2 years ago

Yes, you can place it in a heavy pot, preferably a Dutch oven, and cook it on stove top on low heat. Make sure the meat is covered by the liquid. You can also place it in a slow cooker if you have one.

Waffle3

When reheating a braise, the key is to keep the heat low (i.e. braising temperature, sub-simmer) and the time short so as not to remelt the gelatin. I don't believe the pot or pan will make much if any difference except that it be covered (foil is okay) and avoid glass on the cooktop.

Preparing brisket a day ahead is a good idea -- flavors will blend and improve, and after refrigerating, fat is easy to remove. Preparing ahead and reheating is actually advantageous. Reheating on stovetop is fine (as per previous comments).