🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef

8222494410_c497a1065a_b

I have a question about the recipe "Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef" from Genius Recipes. sauce flavor too dark

asked by mstew almost 2 years ago
Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

Are you still cooking or is the brisket done? Let us know and we'll help you out!

Cooked it yesterday -- was very dark around the edges of the pot. Flavor of sauce is bordering on burned today -- wondering if I can salvage with ketchup, or molasses, or chicken stock...hate to lose 7 lbs of meat.

Dsc_0028

I made this the other day -- it produced a lot of liquid which would keep the meat from burning (because it never got dry). the sauce itself wouldn't burn unless it dried out. where is the burned taste coming from? Also, have you tasted the meat? Even if you don;t care for the flavor of the sauce, the meat should still be good to eat. We have had leftovers twice and they tasted even better each time.

Miglore

Yes, I would taste the meat and the sauce both before doctoring -- you can add a little liquid (water or stock) to the sauce if it's dry. Let us know how it tastes!