A question about a recipe: Two-Bite Buckeye Cookies

Food52_02-21-12-9881

I have a question about the recipe "Two-Bite Buckeye Cookies" from Midge. baking, dairy, shelf life

asked by aichkaybee almost 2 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Sorry -- tried to answer this last night but had a technical difficulty. I would put the cookies an airtight container and store at room temp over night. And I'd keep the filling in the fridge. Then assemble in the morning. I'm sorry if this is too late to help, but next time!

Waffle3

Ganache = chocolate + cream and can be formulated so as to be non-potentially hazardous. The issue with ganache and this peanut butter cream is, as you suspect, the water activity level. Absent anything to act as a preservative, refrigeration is definitely in order.

Thanks, Amanda and Chef Ono! I too had some technical difficulties (if that wasn't obvious from my garbled post :). ChefOno, you confirmed my suspicions. I went with the better-safe-than-sorry method and ended up doing exactly what you suggested, Amanda. They're delicious! It's a great recipe.