I'm making a Hollandaise sauce. Is there a product that helps keep your bowl in place on the counter while you're tempering the eggs and milk?

asked by pollopicu almost 2 years ago
Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Yes! Use a damp folded paper towel and place it underneath the bowl. This also works for cutting boards.

Forest-lighted-wallpaper-christmas-images-wmwallpapers-114428

Thank you.

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Do you happen to have one of those rubber grippers for opening jars? That's what I put under my bowls because their very design makes them non-skid.

A rubber mouse pad, inverted with the rubber on top. Placed on a damp tea towel.

great use for all those promotional mouse pads we've amassed over the years!

2007-09-11e-s4

I have a couple pieces of the non-skid stuff you can line your drawers and shelves with. A piece of that under your bowl or cutting board does wonders!

Non-skid_01-small

Thanks for all the wonderful responses. I've been using the wet towel method myself for years. Was just wondering if there's an actual apparatus that holds the bowl on the counter..but I'm enjoying all of the idea bright ideas for keeping the bowl in place.