🔎

A question about a recipe: Turkey Pot Pie for Another Day

I have a question about the recipe "Turkey Pot Pie for Another Day" from Jennifer Ann. Cook temp if not frozen?

Turkey_pot_pie
Susan.streit

Susan is a recipe tester for Food52.

Reduce the temperature by 25 degrees. You'll most likely need to add approximately 15-20 minutes to the cooking time so keep an eye on it!

HeatherM added over 1 year ago

Sorry about my lack of detail above - I couldn't edit after the fact. The recipe is written for cooking from frozen, so I'm wondering how long & hot to cook if I'm making it fresh and it's already warm. None of the ingredients are raw but the crust. I see a lot of other recipes that still use 400 and cook to browned/bubbly so I may go with that. Let me know if this changes your answer, Susan! :)

Susan.streit

Susan is a recipe tester for Food52.

Cook it at the temperature it recommends and just reduce the cooking time. You'll want the crust to remain golden brown so again, keep an eye on it :). Best of luck and happy holidays!

HeatherM added over 1 year ago

Many thanks!